The ISSP Manual of Sports Psychiatry
Edited by Ira Glick M.D., Danielle Kamis M.D., and Todd Stull M.D.
The ISSP Manual of Sports Psychiatry (available now on Amazon) is the first text describing the role of a sports psychiatrist. Covering both individual as well as team sports, contact and non-contact, from childhood through late adulthood, the manual describes the role of sports in our culture and details the psychiatric interventions associated with players and their teams.
The editors take a broad focus, covering topics from neuroscience-psychiatric and psychological aspects, performance enhancement, team chemistry and dynamics, organizational issues to working with medical, orthopedic/surgical and neurologic colleagues to provide comprehensive prevention and treatment to enhance well-being and performance.
This text will be invaluable to medical and psychiatric physicians, psychologists and other mental health professionals, as well as athletes, trainers, leagues and their commissioners, sports writers-and even "fans" anxious to understand what is going on with their teams.
1. Glick, I., Eisenberg. N, and Kamis, D. Sports participation, performance and medical-psychiatric health and illness: Cultural and religious effects. Sports Psychiatry. October 2022.
2. Glick, I.D., Markota, M., Kamis, D. Psychopharmacology Education During Psychiatry Residency Training in Graduate Medical Education in Psychiatry. Springer, Cham. June 2022.
3. Beauchamp P, Kamis D, Stull T. Achieving Mental Health and Peak Performance in Elite Athletes. Psychiatry Clin North Am. September 2021
4. Stull T, Glick I, Kamis D. The Role of a Sport Psychiatrist on the Sports Medicine Team, Circa 2021. Psychiatry Clin North Am. September 2021.
5. Kamis D, Glick I. Improving competition and mental health for transgender athletes. Phys Sportsmed. July 2021
6. Cerfolio, N., Glick, I., Kamis, D., Laurence, M. Domestic Mass Shooters and Terrorists: Prevalence of Untreated Psychiatric Illness. Submitted to The Lancet Psychiatry July 2020.
7. Glick, I., Zamora, D., Kamis,D., Davis. JM. Are patients with schizophrenia better off with lifetime antipsychotic medication? Replication of a naturalistic, long-term, follow-up study of antipsychotic treatment. Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology April 2020.
8. Glick, I., Zamora, D., Kamis,D., Davis. JM. Should antipsychotic medications for schizophrenia be given for a lifetime?
Replication of a naturalistic, long-term, follow-up study of antipsychotic treatment. CNS Spectrums 2019.
9. Ira Glick, Todd Stull, and Danielle Kamis (Co- Editors). The International Society of Sport Psychiatry Manual of Sports Psychiatry: Sport by Sport. Taylor and Francis Publishing Group. Feb 2018.
10. Molina, J. L., Calvó, M., Padilla, E., Balda, M., Alemán, G. G., Florenzano, N. V., Kamis, D., Erausquin, G. A. Parkinsonian motor impairment predicts personality domains related to genetic risk and treatment outcomes in schizophrenia. Npj Schizophrenia January 2017.
11. Kamis, D., Newmark,T., Begel,D., Glick,I. Cheating and sports: history, diagnosis and treatment. International Review of Psychiatry December 2016.
12. Molina, JL., González Alemán, G., Florenzano, N., Padilla, E., Calvó, M., Guerrero, G., Kamis, D., Stratton, L., Toranzo, J., Molina Rangeon, B., Hernández Cuervo H, Bourdieu M, Sedó M, Strejilevich S, Cloninger CR, Escobar JI, de Erausquin, GA. Prediction of Neurocognitive Deficits by Parkinsonian Motor Impairment in Schizophrenia: A Study in Neuroleptic-Naïve Subjects, Unaffected First-Degree Relatives and Healthy Controls From an Indigenous Population. Schizophrenia Bulletin March 2016.
13. Balda, M., Calvó, M., Padilla, E., Guerrero, G., Molina, J., Florenzano, NV., Kamis, D., Escobar, JI., Cloninger, CR., de Erausquin, G., Detection, Assessment, and Management of Schizophrenia in an Andean Population of South America: Parkinsonism Testing and Transcranial Ultrasound as Preventive Tools. Focus American Psychiatry Publishing Fall 2015.
14. Danielle Kamis, Lee Stratton, María Calvó, Eduardo Padilla, Néstor Florenzano, Gonzalo Guerrero, Beatriz Molina Rangeon, Juan Molina, Gabriel A. de Erausquin. Sex and Laterality Differences in Parkinsonian Impairment and Transcranial Ultrasound in Never-Treated Schizophrenics and Their First Degree Relatives in an Andean population. Schizophrenia Research May 2015.
15. Eduardo Padilla, Danielle Kamis, Juan Molina, Maria Calvo, Lee Stratton, Sergio Strejilevich, Gabriela Gonzalez Aleman, Gonzalo Guerrero, Mercedes Bourdieu, Javier I. Escobar and Gabriel A. de Erausquin. The efficacy of targeted Health Agents education to reduce the duration of untreated psychosis in a rural population. Schizophrenia Research Feb 2015.